Preparation programs for international students (En)
Documents, rules, admission procedure
Welcome to YSTU!
Yaroslavl is one of the most ancient cities of Russia. It was founded in 1010. The city is famous for many museums, theaters, exhibition centers, parks, green zones and the Volga river.
The University provides almost 5,000 students with higher education. The students are enrolled in 80 profiles (Chemistry, Engineering, Architecture and Design, Mechanical Engineering, Economics and other). Four branches of training of YSTU are included in the TOP-20 in Russia. The University offers a high quality of education, interesting social life, modern campus, not very expensive accomodation!
All applicants who provide all required documents are to be enrolled in a preparation program! Study in Russia is the best choice!
Who is eligible?
The preparation programs are aimed to help foreign nationals who either don't speak Russian or speak Russian insufficiently to learn the Russian language and other subjects for the subsequent enrollment at YSTU in the chosen study program.
What does the program include?
The program consists of a Russian language course and 3 subjects to prepare for enrollment depending on the chosen study program.
Natural sciences study program
How long does it take?
The training period is 10 months.
What will I receive when I graduate?
Upon graduation each student is issued a training completion certificate, which will be considered when you enroll at YSTU in the chosen study program.
How much does it cost?
In the 2019-2020 academic year, tuition is 96,050 rubles (around 1,490 USD).
What are the living conditions?
International students are provided with a dormitory for the entire education period. The dormitory is on the University campus within walking distance from the academic buildings. A room in the dormitory costs about 2,000 rubles (≈32 USD) per month.
How can I enroll?
All applicants who provide all required documents are to be enrolled in a preparation program.
1. The national passport and its notarized copy, as well as copies of the pages from the passport used to enter the Russian Federation;
2. A certificate or a diploma of education and training and its notarized copy with its supplement (a transcript of the studied subjects indicating the amount of academic hours and the grades) duly legalized (or stamped with an Apostille) in the country that issued the document, as well as their notarized Russian translations;
3. A copy of birth certificate and its notarized Russian translation;
4. A visa, a migration card and their copies stating the purpose of stay in the Russian Federation – "Education at YSTU"
5. A medical certificate of the HIV-negative status certified by an official health authority of the sending country, a notarized translation and their copies;
6. A proof of payment for medical insurance – voluntary life and health insurance policy;
7. A signed statement of commitment to comply with the rules of stay and movement established for foreign nationals by the laws of the Russian Federation;
8. 4 photos 3x4 cm (colored, matte paper);
9. A tuition payment agreement and receipt.
Do I need to obtain an invitation for entry into Russia?
Visa nationals should send the following documents to email@example.com to apply for an invitation for entry into the Russian Federation at least 2 months before the planned date of entry:
1. A copy of the national passport (all pages containing entries);
2. A copy of a notarized Russian translation of the national passport;
3. A copy of a certificate or a diploma of education (and qualification) from a foreign state;
4. A copy of a notarized Russian translation of the certificate or the diploma of education (and qualification) from the foreign state;
5. Place of birth and place of actual residence.
More details on education for international students can be found in this section.